How to get there
Located approximately 200km South of Sydney along the Princes Highway are the beach towns of North and South Jervis Bay. If your heading out from Canberra its about 220km directly east along the Federal Highway.
Jervis Bay is a well kept secret of the NSW Coastline. Locals consider Jervis Bay to be one of the cleanest and most beautiful beach coastlines in Australia, even the world. This makes this beautiful coastline an absolute must see if you are planning to travel south of Sydney along the Princes Highway. There is an abundance of natural fauna and flora to observe. You might be lucky enough to see whales, dolphins, kangaroos, wallabies, echidna , wombats and a plethora of birds species.
Things to do in Jervis Bay and Booderee National Park:
- Relax on the beaches (as the video above suggests, take your girlfriend, or just meet one there 😉
- Spend some time Bird Watching
- Visit the Botanic Gardens
- Spend a little Bush Walking in the Booderee National Park
- Diving and Snorkelling in the warmer months
- Fishing and Boating (This coastline is famous for land based game fishing)
- Take a Lighthouse Tour
- Spend some time Whale Watching
- get sloshed on a Winery Tour
Jervis Bay is a tourist hub, that is for sure and popular among visitors from Canberra. It is also a great fishing and camping destination.
Before you start fishing in or around the Marine Park you must obtain a permit to fish, just like anywhere in NSW.
Hopefully you will enjoy visiting Jervis Bay a well keep secret of NSW. For more suggestion on places to visit or explore head over here to our destination page.